what about this setup?

220 Watt DC-DC ATX Power Supply
pmp99t
PostsCOLON 3
JoinedCOLON Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:00 pm

what about this setup?

Postby pmp99t » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:12 pm

I tried ENABLESLEEP set to disabled and ENABLE5VSBOFF enabled
will that allow my car to do s3 standby with 5vsb, then kill it if the battery starts to get low under defined low volts? I tried this but the countdown timer just cuts off 5vsb. Am I missing something can this even be done. I really need this functionality. Plus vista is coming out with a power state called Sleep that is perfect for car pc's if I can get my power supply to do what I want :). It saves state to both memory and hard drive, but only uses hard drive to resume if it loses power to memory!

zootjeff
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 44
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:52 am
LocationCOLON Portland OR
CONTACTCOLON

Re: what about this setup?

Postby zootjeff » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:48 pm

pmp99t wroteColonI tried ENABLESLEEP set to disabled and ENABLE5VSBOFF enabled
will that allow my car to do s3 standby with 5vsb, then kill it if the battery starts to get low under defined low volts? I tried this but the countdown timer just cuts off 5vsb. Am I missing something can this even be done. I really need this functionality. Plus vista is coming out with a power state called Sleep that is perfect for car pc's if I can get my power supply to do what I want :). It saves state to both memory and hard drive, but only uses hard drive to resume if it loses power to memory!

The main question is, do you want the 5VSB rail on or off? If it is on, it will drain your battery at whatever rate at which stuff loads it down. Typically, states that don't save out a cache file to the hard drive, rely on keeping the memory alive by powering it from the +5VSB. If you ENABLE5VSBOFF, you are telling the DSATX to turn off it's standby rail.

You probably want that disabled if you are trying to keep memory alive.

Sleep mode turns off the micro on the DSATX. If you want the DSATX to keep monitoring stuff, you probably never want it to go to sleep..

Jeff

generic propecia 978
PostsCOLON 1
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:24 am
CONTACTCOLON

Postby generic propecia 978 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:24 am

Yeah... you're a funny guy

pmp99t
PostsCOLON 3
JoinedCOLON Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:00 pm

standby mode help!!

Postby pmp99t » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:57 am

I do want the computer to keep the 5vsb on for as long as possible since I want to have my computer in standby... however I also want to be able to start my car too so I wanted the DSATX to monitor my battery voltage then shutdown the 5vsb ONLY if my car's battery is about to die. for example I want to have the dsatx stay alive as long as possible while monitoring voltage to see if it drops below low battery voltage threshold I set then the DSATX goes to sleep shutting off 5vsb.

Return to