This shows how to build the DSATX power switch cable.
Kits are available.
PNP Transistor 2n3906 - Digikey: 568-1367-1-nd
2 -10k resistors - Digikey: 10KEBK-ND
24" 2 pin jumper - PCCABLES.COM
1" 1/8" heat shrink - Digikey: A018B-4-ND
2" 1/4" heat shrink - Digikey: A014B-4-ND
1. Cut the cable near one of the ends.
2. Strip the remaining leads.
3. Cut off the extra white lead from the longer remaining cable section.
4. Twist and cut the 10k resistors.
5. Solder to the middle lead of the transistor
6. Put the 1/8" tubing over the resistor pair
7. Bend up and solder the lead as shown.
8. Solder the long section of cable (red lead) to the resistor that was not bent up and connected to the other pin of the transistor.
9. Connect the connector and wires as shown.
10. Put the heatshrink back over as shown.
Now it is ready to use. Connect the section with the heatshrink near the motherboard. The red lead is the Motherboard Power Switch
The connector opposite the heatshrink goes to the DSATX JP1 pin G1,G2. Red wire goes on G1