5 Flashes - after setting MasterMode to 1

220 Watt DC-DC ATX Power Supply
Iceman

5 Flashes - after setting MasterMode to 1

Postby Iceman » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:33 am

Hi,

I had the DSATX working fine... accidently set MASTERMODE to 1, it turned off straight away, and now wont come back on.

It flashes 5 times after power is applied to ACC, and when power is removed it just keeps flashing 5 times every 8 seconds or so. I cant seem to clear the fault.

In DUMB PSU mode:
the light flashes briefly, but the unit does nothing. ACC on/off doesnt effect it either.

:(

Any ideas?

Cheers
Ice

Iceman

Postby Iceman » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:05 pm

For reference, I made the same thread here:
http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81010

seems to have a wider audience at the moment.

Iceman

Postby Iceman » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:08 am

Fixed! :)..............(thanks Zootjeff)

Used DumbPSU mode, hooked up serial cable. turned on machine via case switch (which didnt do anything), then connected in via HyperTerm.
Nothing showed up...:(
Press 'E' (not 'e')
Press 'Y'
Press 'D' (not 'd')

All back to normal
Dunno why this didnt work before :? .. ohwell.

all good now :)
Ice

zootjeff
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 44
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:52 am
LocationCOLON Portland OR
CONTACTCOLON

Re: 5 Flashes - after setting MasterMode to 1

Postby zootjeff » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:56 am

Iceman wroteColonHi,

I had the DSATX working fine... accidently set MASTERMODE to 1, it turned off straight away, and now wont come back on.

It flashes 5 times after power is applied to ACC, and when power is removed it just keeps flashing 5 times every 8 seconds or so. I cant seem to clear the fault.

In DUMB PSU mode:
the light flashes briefly, but the unit does nothing. ACC on/off doesnt effect it either.

:(

Any ideas?

Cheers
Ice

Master Mode is for cascading two power supplies together this is an undocumented feature, you need to put two jumper wires between the two DSATXs. This allows one to be a master and the other to be a slave. The slave is put into dumb power supply mode.

DELETED

Postby DELETED » Fri May 11, 2007 4:00 pm

DELETED

Return to