How to power An amp anti-thump

220 Watt DC-DC ATX Power Supply
Hitmanz

How to power An amp anti-thump

Postby Hitmanz » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:21 pm

Hey Jeff,
Here is my problem I know the dsatx has a anti thump feature...and i noticed that when i connect my laptop to my car that whenever it turns on my philps usb powered sound card it pops and turns off the speakers pop. How can i prevent this? So basically i'm saying how can i use the anti thump feature? I need it where it gives me a time delay to startup and time delay to shut down. Please help. Thanks

zootjeff
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 44
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:52 am
LocationCOLON Portland OR
CONTACTCOLON

Re: How to power An amp anti-thump

Postby zootjeff » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:01 am

Hitmanz wroteColonHey Jeff,
Here is my problem I know the dsatx has a anti thump feature...and i noticed that when i connect my laptop to my car that whenever it turns on my philps usb powered sound card it pops and turns off the speakers pop. How can i prevent this? So basically i'm saying how can i use the anti thump feature? I need it where it gives me a time delay to startup and time delay to shut down. Please help. Thanks

Are you using a DSATX for this? Basically you hookup a transistor and 2 resistors to the AUX output of the DSATX or connect a relay and wire it to your amp. When ACC goes high, then it will wait a second then turn on the AUX output for your amp.

HitmanZ

Postby HitmanZ » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:37 am

yes i am using a brand new dsatx, But i need the delay to last longer than a second as the usb sound card goes in effect once it is intialized in windows (around 20 seconds or so)

I also need it to turn off before turning off the computer which can't be done with the relay as the computer is powering the usb which powers my sound card

DELETED

Postby DELETED » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:08 pm

DELETED

Return to